~ Research ~ Restoration ~ Documentation ~ Interpretation ~
Our docents tell the story of the Allison-Deaver House to educate our visitors of the rich history of the house and of Transylvania County, preserving it for generations to come.
The Allison-Deaver House dates from 1815 and is believed to be the oldest standing frame house in Western North Carolina. It is owned by The Transylvania County Historical Society and is open for visitors late May through October, Saturdays 10-4, Sundays 1-4 and by special appointment.
The Allison-Deaver House is located near the entrance to Pisgah Forest at
2753 Asheville Hwy, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768 (view map)
Open Hours: Summer months- Saturday 10-4 and Sunday afternoon 1-4
Tours begin May 18th and continue thru October except when there is a festival in downtown Brevard, NC.
The Society also owns the 1872 McGaha Chapel in Cedar Mountain, which is only open by appointment. Call our office and leave a message for appointments – 828-884-5137.
P.O. Box 2061, Brevard, NC 28712
- July 26, 2014 10:00 AMAlison-Dever House Tours
- July 27, 2014 1:00 PMAllison-Deaver House Tours
- August 2, 2014 10:00 AMAlison-Dever House Tours
- August 3, 2014 1:00 PMAllison-Deaver House Tours
- August 9, 2014 10:00 AMAlison-Dever House Tours
- August 10, 2014 1:00 PMAllison-Deaver House Tours